Executive Principal's Welcome
Ark Globe Academy is a mixed all through school with student age ranging from 4-18 located in Elephant and Castle, Southwark. At Ark Globe Academy we have the highest aspirations for all our children to ensure they are prepared for university and inspired to be leaders in their community.
We offer our students a first-class education based on high quality teaching and experiences outside of the classroom, with students make excellent progress in our primary, secondary and Sixth Form. All sixth form students at Ark Globe Academy received an offer of a university place, with 73% of those being a top 3rd university. Our Sixth Form is in the top 1% of all sixth forms in the country, achieves the best outcomes in Southwark and has received the Sixth Form of the Year award at the Ark Education Summit 2019.
Supporting our mission is our Culture Pyramid. The pyramid sets out for students, staff and parents our purpose, our beliefs and our values. This sets the expectations for all in our daily lives at Ark Globe Academy and creates a shared sense of purpose.
Every child has the potential to succeed and there are no excuses not to achieve that success. We expect every Ark Globe Academy student to graduate from our academy with the qualifications, skills and confidence to achieve their ambitions and go on to higher education or their career of chose.
The Ark Globe Curriculum encompasses the total experience of the student. Our curriculum covers a range of activities from what is learnt in the classroom to our expectations of how our students carry themselves, and make decisions, outside of it. For us, education is much more than a qualification; it is a way of being that results in an empowered young person who is able to secure a life of purpose and meaning.
We recognise that attending university is often key to this. We believe succeeding at university provides our young people with more choices. As such, the academic, pastoral and cultural curriculum has been designed to prepare students for university and to be leaders in their community. However, we also recognise that there are high quality alternatives to university, and we help students to secure these too. Whatever choice is made, we want it to be an informed one, where our students determine their own futures and leave a legacy that inspires our next generation of learners.
Matt Jones OBE
Our Culture Pyramid sets out our purpose, our beliefs and our values. This helps to set expectations for learning and behaviour in our daily lives at Globe.
- Social justice - Our purpose is to promote a fair society where everyone will have equal opportunity to determine their own future.
- Growth mindset - Growth mindset is the belief that your success is determined by hard work, resilience and a positive attitude to failure.
- Professionalism - Professionalism is based on respectful communication, excellent habits and polished presentation.
- Integrity - We value integrity as the quality of having a strong moral purpose and being honest with our words and actions.
- Relationships - We value relationships that nurture the potential of others based on mutual trust and high levels of respect.
- Independence - We value independence because it empowers the individual to fulfil their own potential.
Achieving our mission
We expect every Ark Globe student to graduate from our academy with the qualifications, skills and confidence to achieve their ambitions and go on to higher education or their chosen career.
In order to ensure all our students achieve this, we need to do things differently.
- Small schools form the heart of our model
- Depth before breadth – a commitment to literacy and numeracy
- More time – a longer school day allows more time for learning
- Rigorous assessment – to ensure every student is catered to as an individual
The Small School Model
Ark Globe Academy is structured as four small schools under the leadership of the Executive Principal.
The small school model offers a distinct advantage for students and their education. In a small school each student is known as an individual. Students have an education tailored to their needs, have their achievement tracked and receive interventions if required. The small school model allows all students and parents/carers to know the staff well; it offers security and a family feeling. We have one small school for students aged 4-11, two small schools for students aged 11-14, one small school for students aged 14-16 and a small school for students aged 16-18.
Each small school has its own head teacher, as well as its own entry and exit into the building, own dining and commons area and dedicated play spaces.
Our provision for ages 4-11.
Our provision for ages 11-16.
Sixth form welcome
Our provision for ages 16-18.