Code of conduct
In the classroom
Students are expected to meet the following expectations:
- Arrive to class on time
- Line up and enter room on teacher request - silently
- Sit where the teacher requires them to sit
- Take out the necessary materials immediately – place pencil case and planner in top right hand corner of desk.
- Exhibit good body language – SLANT – Sit up, Listen, Activate Thinking, Note Taking, Track.
- Listen carefully, without calling out
- Join in during lessons, respecting the views of others
- Actively participate in your learning by thinking and contributing
- Refrain from talking to classmates unless it is part of a class activity
- Wait until after class to discuss (in a respectful manner) a disagreement about behaviour with the teacher—absolutely no arguing in class
- Stay on task during class activities
- Refrain from eating or chewing gum
- Follow the school procedure for requesting and going to the toilet.
- Refrain from sitting on tables or desks and from putting feet on chairs
- Refrain from disrupting the order and learning atmosphere of the class
- Come to class in full uniform
- Follow the correct procedure for finishing lessons and exiting the classroom.
Around the academy
Students are expected to adhere to the following expectations throughout the academy:
- Discourage conflict between other students
- Use appropriate voice level inside the building and on the play spaces
- Respect other students, their work and belongings.
- Follow established school routines (e.g. lining up for lunch, appropriate behaviour in the dining hall, etc.)
- Walk everywhere
- Refrain from chewing gum
- Refrain from eating except in the dining hall
- Follow the uniform policy while on school grounds
- Exhibit calm, orderly behaviour inside the building
- Keep the school clean
If you wish to access a hard copy of any policy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.