Ark Globe Academy is a non-selective, all-through school with no religious affiliations and serves children of all abilities. The primary school has places for 60 pupils each year in two classes and 50 part time or full time nursery places. The Secondary school has a Pupil Admission Number of 180 pupils in year 7 for 6 classes. Applications for admission must be made on Southwark Council's Common Application Form (CAF). When we admit pupils, we prioritise children with statements of special educational needs. Then, if our academy is oversubscribed, we offer places to children in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children;
- children of a staff member who fills a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage as approved by ARK Schools. (This priority is limited to no more than one place in each form of entry in any year).
- children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose "sibling" is a whole, half or step-brother or step-sister or an adopted child resident at the same address);
- children of staff in the school may also receive priority where the parent has been employed in the academy for two or more years at the time of the application for admission (that is the year before admission). Priority is limited to no more than one place for each form of entry in any year.
- children who live closest to the school using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child's home.
The school keeps a waiting list to fill any casual vacancies occurring if students leave Ark Globe Academy Admissions Policy 2021-2022 during the academic year or withdraw from a place that has been offered.
Please see the previous years' policies:
Nursery Admissions Policy
Applications for a place at the nursery are submitted directly to the academy. Parents may submit an application at any time. Please see below our Nursery Admissions Policy.
Ark Network Appeals Timeline
Due to COVID-19 restrictions it may not be possible to hold appeal panel hearings in the usual way this year. The Department for Education has now issued revised guidelines for Admissions Authorities on how appeals should be dealt with. Appeals will be heard during May/June/July; all appellants will be contacted by the independent appeals clerk to explain the process, which will be the same for all Ark schools.
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception/Year 7/Year 12 in September 2021 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
Deadline for submitting an appeal
|1 March 2021||19 April 2021|
|16 April 2021||17 May 2021|
Appeals panel hearings will take place within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by the independent appeal panel clerk.
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7/Year 12, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact the Academy if you need a paper form.